Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"What my baby wants my baby gets!"

Meal 5 (8:30 pm)- 3/4 cup fat free cottage cheese + 1 heaping tsp. fiber sure mixed in (a must for cottage cheese in my book...unless there is an apple involved) + 1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Meal 4(5:15 pm)- seared ahi tuna (1/2 filet) + 1/2 cup brown rice w/drizzle evoo & low sodium soy sauce + 1/2 package Bird's Eye Steamfresh sugar snap peas w/drizzle evoo


Alright, so seeing the chicken on camera earlier grossed me out, but honestly I don't see how in the world this wild caught ahi tuna would not be intended for consumption by God himself. Delicious!
Snack 4:30- baby carrots


Meal 3 (2 pm): Chicken Spinach & Cheese Flatbread- Flat Out Light flatbread + spinach, mushrooms, red onions + 1/4 cup reduced fat crumbled feta + 1/2 chopped grilled chicken breast + evoo mist + McCormick basil & garlic seasoning


As I was making this I realized that I'm almost up to 20 g of protein before even adding the chicken (9g in the flatbread & 6 g in the feta), so shouldn't be too hard to cut the meat out of this one and up the feta, green veggies, or add some beans to meet my protein quota of 20-25 g minimum per meal


Last 3 chicken breasts! (I think it was good for me to see this on camera close up. It kind of grossed me out actually....until I ate it at my next meal...)


Meal 2 (11 am): 3/4 cup egg beaters + spinach, mushrooms, diced onions, diced green & red peppers + 1/2 100% whole wheat bagel w/ 15 squirts Parkay fat free butter spray


Meal 1 (8:30 am): 1 scoop EAS Muscle Armor + 1 scoop Whey Protein Isolate + multivitamin & 2 glucosamine/MSM



Interesting morning this morning. I was was all jazzed up about bench pressing the second I woke up, knowing that I would have a spot from my new trainer. Did my normal routine...chugged 20 oz. water, popped a piece of gum in my mouth and headed out. I waited until 6:25 and no sign of the guy. The girl at the front called him and passed the phone to me. He said he was still 10 minutes away....followed by a laundry list of excuses. There is nothing worse than people who make lame excuses instead of just admitting they messed up, but add to that poor use of vocabulary using long words haphazardly and wrong parts of speech, and it's just too much. I'm not perfect by any means, but I always admit when I'm wrong and don't try to place blame on someone or something else. If anything, I'm overtaken with guilt, end up being overly apologetic and offer something as a way to make things right. I stopped him in his tracks and told him not to worry about it..no problem... Well everything happens for a reason I always say, because I got my first choice anyways...the manager of the gym, whom I'd wanted to work out with in the first place, has agreed to come in early just for me to train. Yay! He "gets" what I'm looking for as far as weight lifting, so I think we'll be a match made in heaven. As my husband always says (mimicking Vince Vaughn in The Break Up), "What my baby wants my baby gets." he he As we talked about our plan going forward, I did mention my little vegetarian experiment and of course he asks, "Where are you going to get your protein?! I hope you are going to do protein shakes!" I don't know who is more scared about the protein intake, him or me....Neverthless, we start on Friday and I'm stoked! I DID get in an awesome Upper Body Workout despite the no show trainer, and I got an earlier start with eating today, which was good.

Comments on yesterdays eating: A less than perfect day eating.For starters I didn't get in 30 g of fiber as usual. I also only got in 4 meals, because the salmon filet I had at dinner totally faked me out. I'm usually pretty good at eyeballing portions, but 1/2 of that filet seemed too little and it tasted so yummy that I ate the whole thing. I was stuffed for the rest of the night. I was going to have a vanilla protein shake with Betagen and Glutamine right before bed, but I was honestly still so stuffed and probably also had butterlies from the anxiety of watching the intense men's US Open tennis match, that I just did not feel like eating again. I loved watching Monfils...that guy has some attitude! I wasn't going to force the last meal, and so I also missed the last serving of Betagen and Glutamine which I'd intended to have. Oh well...I still managed to get in 115 g of protein I'm pretty sure between the meat and also the protein in the veggies, so not a total loss, but will be much more on track with timing and frequency today.

Getting my flu shot today as well. I planned it so that I would get it after my UBWO, because I always get sore for days afterwards when getting a flu shot. I haven't gotten the flu in years, and I plan to keep it that way! I don't want to get benched right when I'm trying to take it up a notch with my training.

Still lots of meat to eat here. I'm trying to pawn all the deli turkey off on hubby's lunches this week, but I'll be cooking my last batch of chicken breast with my best friend George today...George Foreman that is. Oh how I will miss grilled chicken!

1 comment:

  1. Your flatbread pizza looks SO good!! That's really unprofessional of that trainer to not show up and then make a bunch of excuses, but it sounds as though everything happened for a reason. I'm glad you got in a good workout with a great trainer!

    ReplyDelete