Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 2 ... Tennis and Tofu

Meal 4 (7:45 pm)- Flat Out Light flatbread + spinach, broccoli, red onions, mushroons + 1/4 cup Kraft 2% reduced fat shredded mozarella + McCormick garlic & basil seasoning

Just had a mini crisis with our rental property, got diverted and eating late as a result...not looking like Meal 5 will happen as it's getting late now! Tomorrow will be perfectly on schedule!

Meal 3 (3:30 pm)- Nature's Own 100% whole wheat sugar free bun + Boca burger + yellow mustard, spinach, onion, tomato + 1 serving EAS Betagen + lemon lime Zevia

Snack while making meal 3


Meal 2 (12:45 pm)- 1/2 cataloupe + 3/4 cup fat free cottage cheese





Meal 1(10 am): Protein Oatmeal- 1/3 cup(dry) quick oats + 1 scoop chocolate whey protein + 1 packet Stevia + 1 serving EAS Betagen & 1 1/2 tsp. EAS Glutamine + multivitamin & 2 glucosamine/MSM

Day 2 of the veggie experiment started off well...much better than yesterday for sure! I'm feeling completely well rested again after a day of rest yesterday and a good night's sleep, despite the fact that I kept having a recurring dream about tennis all night and a mental replay of Serena throwing a temper tantrum and anihilating her raquet. I started off watching the US Open match last night so impressed by Serena's physique and how ripped she is. She is definitely a powerhouse, and I just love watching these female tennis players for so many reasons....1) They are all so dedicated and committed to their sport, and it just shows in every single stroke when they play....really inspiring! 2) They are all so healthy looking and don't have the same type of look that you'll see in most fat burner ads. If you read any fitness mags, you know the look I'm talking about....not saying these ladies aren't hot, because they are, and I also admire the amount of dedication it takes to achieve that type of physique. It's just nice to see women with healthy all natural bodies projecting such a positive image of what "healthy" can look like at the other end of the spectrum. 3) The outfits are so cute! Seriously, after watching this US Open, I am considering taking some lessons and learning to play for real....just so I can wear the clothes. Nothing cuter than tennis gear!



Even though I mentioned how impressed I was with Serena at the beginning of the match, I must admit that she left a pretty bad taste in my mouth by the end. If you saw the match you know what I'm talking about....throwing the tennis raquet and smashing it followed later in the match by mouthing off to the official. Even though I recognize the impact of adrenaline on people's reactions in these types of high stakes games, I thought she could have handled it with a bit more tact. As I watched her meltdown, I thought immediately to the last match with Wozniaki and Oudin a couple days ago. Even though I was routing for Oudin originally, I was immediately impressed with Wozniaki's remarks to the crowd that she made following the match. Now THAT is tact! Now I'm completely torn with what might happen tonight. I'll be happy if either Wozniaki or Clijsters wins. Wozniaki seems like a sweetheart, and Clijsters has the whole "Dara Torres" thing going for her....truly inspirational to come back after her 2 year maternity leave. I can't wait to watch and get another dose of US Open inspiration from the women!



I had a great HIIT on the stationary bike this morning myself. My legs are always like rocks when I hop off the bike after a good HIIT. I try to maintain 60 rpm's while varying the resistance between a level 10-18 (4 times total). Felt great and finished reading my Muscle & Fitness Hers while doing so. (I can only read on the beginning stages of the interval of course, because there is no reading possible at a level 18 resistance & 60 rpm's on the bike)...just breathing and trying not to die at the high points. Also ran into my trainer at the gym who was there to work out himself. I am SO looking forward to doing some heavy legs tomorrow! We're going to do squats, deadlifts, lunges, just to name a few, and just go heavier than I would normally be able to sans spot. I'm SO excited! woo hoo!



I really need to learn how to season tofu. I bought some, but it's not the kind that's already flavored, so need to figure out some options on doing that. I love kabobs and am thinking of making some tofu kabobs as a dinner this week. Hubby is pretty much on board with the whole vegetarian thing and isn't a huge fan of meat anwyays, but I'm not so sure if I can see him eating tofu either....should be interesting! Alright, off to turn into an energizer bunny and clean this house. Another rainy day in Austin, so going to put on some Michael Buble pandora radio, open all the blinds, light some candles, and clean everthing in sight! Nothing better than a clean house to start the week off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment