Friday, September 18, 2009

TGIF! Whole Foods Here I Come!

Meal 6 (9:30 pm)- 1 heaping cup Kashi Go Lean cereal w/ 1 cup unsweetened soy milk + 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
Meal 5 (6 pm)- Hubby and I split this smorgasboard of goodies- Triscuits w/ hummus & assortment of cheese (reduced fat Kraft 2% block cheeses & Alpine Lace reduced fat/sodium)

My new favorite hummus (sundried tomato and basil)...SO good and made right here in Texas!


Meal 4 (3:30 pm)- Other 1/2 of tofu teriyaki bowl + 12 unsalted almonds.....so weird how tofu fills you up so fast and then you get hungry so soon after eating it

Meal 3 (1:30 pm)- 1/2 of my Whole Foods grilled tofu teriyaki bowl w/brown rice, bok choy & peppers + orange Zevia (1 pm)- Couldn't pass these up in the check-out isle..2 dark chocolate squares Meal 2 (10:30 am)- EAS AdvantEDGE RTD + nectarine Meal 1 (8 am)- EAS Muscle Armor + Whey Protein Isolate + Cream of Wheat w/stevia & cinnamon + multivitamin & 2 glucosamine/MSM Pre-Workout (6 am)- EAS Catapult

Have you ever gotten into one of those conversations..."What would you do if you won the lottery?" I am dead serious when I say..."I'd shop at Whole Foods for every single thing for the rest of my life!" Granted you don't have to win the lottery to do that, but they don't call it "Whole Paycheck" for nothing. Despite the priciness, I just love it there! For one, it's the only place nearby that carries Zevia. For two, I became addicted to their grilled chicken teriyaki bowls some time ago. Lastly, let's not forget about the yummy samples...those don't really count towards my food for the day right?...it's like they never happened! Amazing how that works!


I couldn't wait for my weekly Friday stop at Whole Foods today, because they have so many more vegetarian options....too many. I had to practice some serious self restraint during this trip, but I did get some select items:

-zesty italian meatless meatballs
-wild rice tempeh (which I've never had and can't wait to try)
-some pre-seasoned tomato basil extra firm tofu (They don't have this pre-seasoned kind anywhere else)
-organic hummus
-a stockpile of Zevia

...and I had another 1st...I ordered the grilled tofu teriyaki bowl (instead of my usual chicken teriyaki bowl). I bought a chicken teriyaki bowl for hubby and was actually starting to pout watching the chef make his...until he brought my tofu bowl out. Wow! The tofu bowl actually looked even better than the chicken, and I was super excited to try some tofu cooked the right way. Check out the pics and you'll see what I mean...YUM!

3 comments:

  1. MMM ~ Whole Foods! I LOVE everything from there. Too bad everything is so expensive. You know I've NEVER tried the teriyaki chicken bowl - I need to add that to my list now. The tofu bowl does look delish though too.

    That hummus looks amazing - crackers plus cheese plus hummus is the perfect meal!

    Great day!

    Danica

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teriyaki bowls there are THE BEST made to order thing they have there in my opinion. Might want to tell them light teriyaki if you are watching the sugar at all, but other than that they are totally BFL friendly. Love those bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About how many calories would you say the "grilled tofu teriyaki bowl w/brown rice" is.

    ReplyDelete