Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tuesday...10 days and counting left

Woke up to a nice cool morning, but raining heavily outside, so had to go to Plan B and take a run indoors on the treadmill. Ran 6.09 miles in 1 hour with a moderate random hill program difficulty level 5.

Craving a nice warm breakfast..

Meal 1 (8 am)- Protein Yamcakes w/sugar free syrup + 1 serving EAS Betagen & 2 glucosamine/MSM + multivitamin
The joys of making a real dinner and only feeding 2 people...there are ALWAYS leftovers!

Meal 2 (11 am)- Leftover large vegetarian stuffed pepper After yesterday's diet with so much liquid, I was craving a huge salad loaded with veggies.

Meal 3 (2 pm)- Spinach salad w/ tomatoes, red onions, mushrooms,shredded carrots + 1 serving tomato basil tofu + 1/2 cup edamame + red wine vinegar + 1 serving EAS BetagenFound out we'd be entertaining about 5 extra guests for dinner, so had to think ahead about how to make the rest of my day work with eating...

Meal 4 (5 pm)- EAS AdvantEDGE RTD + 4 reduced fat triscuits on the fly (just needed something to hold me over for less than 3 hours....did the trick!)
Meal 5 (6:30 p,m)- 1 cup Barilla Plus ziti w/pesto sauce (evoo & pesto packet) & peas + 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese + grated parmesan cheese + 1 piece homemade garlic bread (whole grain bread w/Smart Balance & garlic salt) + side salad (spring mix, tomatoes, red onions, feta cheese & Newman's Own light balsamic vinagrette).

Too many carbs...could've done without the bread for sure...but hey, at least it wasn't crappy pre-buttered frozen garlic bread with unhealthy ingredients. I always make my own garlic bread to serve...none of that toxic frozen stuff in my house!


Yesterday was a pretty good day for eating. Had to practice a little creativity with dinner, as I made chicken pesto pasta for our dinner party. Just saved myself some pasta before adding the meat and topped it with some cottage cheese for some added protein. Made the cutest little mini cheesecakes for dessert, but didn't have any. I just enjoy making desserts, but I had absolutely NO desire for anything sweet after this past weekend's vacay. Sent the rest with hubby to work today so I don't have to look at it in my fridge.

Ended up being way too busy to start reading In Defense of Food, and I am dying to crack it open! I WILL make time today!

10 days left in this vegetarian experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment