Monday, September 7, 2009

Last Red Meat Hoorah!



We've had out of town company since last week, and as it is their last night here and it's Labor Day, we went out for dinner at McCormick & Schmicks at The Domain here in Austin. Eating has been a little off track this weekend with so much eating out, but I was planning on getting back on track today. I had a really intense lower body workout this morning with squats, deadlifts, lunges, calf raises, etc. and eating was perfectly on track for me all day. I had plans to order grilled fish with steamed veggies, but all of this talk of going vegetarian was making me crave a steak....not sure why....I haven't even ordered a steak in at least a couple years! It just sounded REALLY good, and I think it's just in my nature to rebel at the thought of not being allowed to have something. So not only did I order steak, I got the petit filet combo that comes with crab stuffed shrimp and a dessert...What can I say? It's not often I would ever consider getting a steak, so I figured I'd just make this my last red meat hoorah....although I'm not commiting to making it my last brownie sundae just for the record...those don't contain meat.

I will be dreaming of how good the petit filet mignon tasted for weeks to come. It had been so long since I'd had one, and every single bite I was asking myself...."Why do all the good things in life have to be bad for you?!" I know I'm being a bit overly dramatic here, but I'm telling you it really was THAT GOOD!

I WILL be getting back on track with clean eating tomorrow 100% for the next two weeks with no cheats at all, no wine at all, and just plain clean eating.....no excuses for the next two weeks. I have a lot of meat to eat in the freezer still (all seafood/chicken), so I will be savoring every last bite and posting pics of what I normally eat on a routine basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment