Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Vegetarian Meatballs!

Not too much to write tonight. I had a bunch of things I wanted to say, but honestly I am exhausted, and my head is a bit in the clouds right now. I'll save you from my ranting until tomorrow;) Lots of pics today though! Making the most of this last week of vegetarian living!
Body Fat update...exactly the same as the last time I took it....I can deal with that.
I am not a scale addict, but I need to weigh myself to do my body fat, and I am curious if there will be any changes with my body fat...still exactly the same as it was last time I took it.
I don't have an overabundance of sympathy for people who whine about not having enough $ to eat healthy. Some of the healthiest meals in the world are super cheap! It just take a little extra work....more than going through a drive through at least. It CAN be done....actually cheaper than a bunch of prepared processed microwaveable stuff too.

3 ingredients is all you need for this one.

Meal 1 (8:30 am)- Strawberry 'n Cream protein oatmeal (1/2 cup quick oats + 1 scoop EAS vanilla whey protein + 1/3 cup diced strawberries)...wallah! + EAS Betagen & Glutamine + multivitamin & 2 glucosamine/MSMMeal 2 (11:30 am)- Organic wild rice tempeh cooked in evoo & reduced sodium soy sauce + steamed asparagus & 1/2 sweet potato w/fat free Parkay butter spray...adding the 1/2 sweet potato this time was the trick to keeping me full for longer...worked like a charm
Same old song and dance at the car dealership. Every time I go there I have the same view....ha ha! I was actually grossed out by these cookies....only because I knew I brought something WAY better with meeeeeee:) So NO I didn't have any of these.
I love these coolers that they have at Target. I could hold an 18 pack if I even drank beer (which I don't), but instead I can stuff it full of really large waters, shakes, salads...it fits anything and it's super light weight and cute....cute for a cooler anwyaysLove these "to go" containers from Target too! They come with a handy fork and a little snap in container for dressing or nuts or whatever else you want to put in it...they hold a LOT of veggies too!

Brought my own dressing this time. Last time I brought a salad to the car dealership, I had to scavenger dressing from the break room, but I was prepared this time.

Man I just love salads...especially with edamame!

Meal 3 (2:30 pm)- Spinach salad w/red onions, shredded carrots, tomato + heaping 1/2 cup edamame + 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese + 20 sprays Ken's all natural raspberry walnut spritzer dressing

This made those cookies look like complete rubbish!
The makings of a healthy dinner.




We love spagetti squash in our house! Excited to try these meatless meatballs, and I love Barilla marinara....low sugar in many of their flavors....added some extra veggies of my own to the sauce. While I'm not the world's biggest fan of eating so much soy based food, reading labels like these makes me think....how bad can soy really be? I know the jury is still out, but I have been eating more soy than I'd like. However, I couldn't pass these up in Whole Foods and wanted to try them...3 meatballs have 90 cal, 9 g protein, 4 g carbs (not too bad), but also 4.5 g fat (higher than I'd like...as usual) I am always surprised when I tell people to use spagetti squash that many people don't know how to make it....I make it the easy and quick way...in the microwave.

I use a meat cleaver to chop it in half or quarters, then scoop out all the seeds with a large spoon.Then I take a casserole dish with about 1/2 in. water in the bottom, place the squash cut sides down into water, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave until you can press on the outside of the squash and it gives a little...this really large squash took 13 minutes to cook. Then I use a large serving fork to remove the squash..it comes out stringy kind of like spagetti. I used that big quarter piece (on the right above) for my meal.

Meal 4 ( 5:30 pm)- 1 cup spagetti squash + 6 meatless zesty meatballs + garlic, mushroom, pepper & onion marinara sauce + 2 tbsp. reduced fat grated parmesan cheese....BIG fan of this sauce....huge chunks of garlic and only 6 g sugar and 12 carbs per serving (I always try to stay around 5-7 g sugar or less with marinara if possible)


Two thumbs up...even from hubby! I have extra meatballs left over which I can't wait to use for a sub or a meatball pizza tomorrow! yum!
Meal 5 (8:30 pm)- Myoplex strawberry cream shake

Another day of clean eating...vegetarian style! Looking forward to tomorrow's UBWO bright and early...


No comments:

Post a Comment