Monday, October 5, 2009

12 Weeks Until I Won't Make A NY Resolution!

I was reminded this morning that there are only 12 short weeks left of 2010! I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by! It also reminded me of the upcoming holiday season and all of the tempatations that start lurking around every corner starting this month. I remember a time when I couldn't even make it through the grocery store without stopping in the bakery, grabbing a container of cookies, and start eating them while shopping, or even downing a candy bar right there in the checkout lane only to hand the cashier the empty wrapper to ring up once I reached the front. Yes, I had a sugar addiction that was THAT bad! I still like sweets and can appreciate a good brownie sundae or some random treats here and there on the weekend, but sugar does not control my life anymore.

With that said, I was just in Target today... It's like a battleground in there with all the Hallloween candy. I treat the ice cream isle, the candy isle and the bakery as war zones. I just don't even go there and expose myself to open fire. I actually think it's really sad how strategically things are placed in order to catch the eye of children....don't get me started on that topic!

Next month it will be Thanksgiving, and then Christmas....but that isn't going to stop me from maintaining the balance that I've now found. Last year was the first New Year's that I didn't make a New Year's Resolution involving weight loss....cause I didn't have any to lose! What a freeing feeling, and that is what is going to motivate me to stay healthy this holiday season too. I will NEVER again be making ANY New Year's Resolutions to lose weight...because THIS is for LIFE. This past year, my New Year's Resolution was to cut out aspartame....which meant diet coke and diet sprite were ousted obviously. I am happy to say that I have not purchased any and have only had a diet cancer...I mean diet coke when out to dinner maybe 2 or 3 times total this year.

There is just something about deadlines and numbers that spark motivation in me to start setting new goals and being mindful of where I want to be and what I need to do to get there. 12 weeks and counting until I wake up NOT needing to make a resolution to lose weight.....again. :-D I am going to be shredded on January 1, 2010. Period.

Pre-Workout (6 am)- EAS Catapult

Meal 1 (8 am)- 1 cup liquid egg whites w/spinach, tomatoes, onions + 1 packet Cream of Wheat w/1 packet Sun Crystals & cinnamon + EAS Muscle Armor + multivitamin & 2 glucosamine/MSM
Meal 2 (11 am)- Huge spring mix salad w/ tomatoes + 1/2 cup reduced sodium black beans (rinsed and drained) + huge amount of sauteed peppers & onions + 1.5 oz. Cabot reduced fat white cheddar cheese + red wine vinegar as dressing

Meal 3 (2 pm)- Large La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortilla + 1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese + 15 large steamed asparagus spears + 1 tbsp. reduced fat grated parmesan cheese + salt & pepper
Meal 4 (5 pm)- 3/4 cup fat free cottage cheese + 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
(Just deleted my pic...oops!)


Meal 5 (8 pm)- Myoplex chocolate mint protein shake






2 comments:

  1. I definitely think this time of year is so hard. You do have to treat it like a battlefield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's always a battlefield, but even more so during the fall/winter. We are so conditioned behvorially to want to partake in that stuff when the holidays hit. It's been interesting this past couple years to break a lifetime of poor holiday eating habits....just thankful I finally have control over it!

    ReplyDelete